Week 2: Make a Plan
- Make an Emergency Plan
- Sign up for alerts and warnings in your area
- Learn your evacuation zone and have an evacuation plan
- Make and practice Your Plan graphics
Week 1: Save Early for Disaster Costs
Financial readiness is a big part of being able to bounce back if a disaster occurs. Follow these tips to prepare:
- Check your insurance coverage and review the Document and Insure Your Property guide.
- Visit Floodsmart.gov to learn more about flood insurance.
- Organize your finances and critical documents with the Emergency Financial First Aid Kit (EFFAK).
- Set aside money for an emergency fund to cover disaster costs you may incur including hotel stay, food, gas, and insurance deductibles.