Take an Active Role in Your Safety
- Create a fire-resistant zone that is free of leaves, debris, or flammable materials at least 30 feet from your home.
- Find an outdoor water source with a hose that can reach any area of your property.
- Learn your evacuation routes, practice with household members and pets, and identify where you will go.
- Have enough supplies for your household, including a first aid kit, in your go bag or car trunk.
- Follow instructions from your local authorities. They will provide the latest recommendations and appropriate safety measures based on the specific threat to your community.
Learn more about preparing for and evacuating from a wildfire at Ready.gov/wildfires.