HVLCSD is well-prepared to continue providing water, wastewater, and recycled water services throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have staff, equipment, and infrastructure in place to maintain all services around the clock while incorporating remote working and social distancing to protect the health and well-being of our employees, customers, and the community.
HVLCSD has implemented several temporary operational measures in compliance with the Governor’s Order including:
- HVLCSD is not shutting off water services due to non-payment during this time
- Implementing strict social distancing requirements in our lobby
- The Lobby is only open to customers for account inquiries and payments.
- The lobby is limited to one customer at a time and we do require face masks.
- If you do not want to enter the lobby and would prefer to drop off your payment you can do so at the payment drop-off box located outside the main lobby.
- Lobby hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Monday – Friday
- All essential HVLCSD business meetings are being conducted using teleconference technology and social distancing. The public is welcome to participate in public meetings from their own location by following the teleconferencing notification and instructions at the top of each published agenda.
IMPORTANT NOTE: While the Governor’s Executive Order N-42-20 suspended shut-offs, it doesn’t forgive outstanding balances. HVLCSD wants to prevent customers from having unreasonable balances when the Governor’s order is lifted. Outstanding balances for accounts that run past the disconnection date will be due once the temporary suspension expires.
We understand the financial hardships that our customers may experience as a result of COVID-19 and are committed to working in partnership with our customers throughout this process.
HVLCSD is a Special District and California law prohibits giving public funds to any person or entity. Waiving one customer’s bill would put an extra and disproportionate burden on other customers and would be considered a gift of public funds.
Customers who are experiencing difficulties paying their water bills due to the pandemic are encouraged to contact the District’s customer service team at 707-987-9201 for payment options.
Resources for Individuals and Families
Catholic Charities 21257 Calistoga. Middletown, CA 95461. (707) 987-8139.